All images © 2012 - 2014 Rachel Gage Photography

Sep 27, 2012

Floor, floor, I see a floor


Just a quick snapshot of the view from my kitchen window.  So excited!!!

For all you other photogs out there, I know what you're thinking.  "Oh my gosh it's WAY too little to be a studio." My husband and I designed it small.   I'm not a professional - yet   ;) - so I didn't want to build a giant studio that may end up being a giant waste of space.  But it will be SO much better than a makeshift spot in a corner of my house, taking up space that we could use for something else or overtaking space that we DO use for something else, with dog hair everywhere and the kids' toys and crayons and general family clutter invading the space every time I turn around. Yes, it will be a small studio, but it will be MY small studio.  MY space to go and be creative. MY place to keep treasures like lighting equipment, a box of holiday props, or  a cool new backdrop I found.  MY space to decorate with photos that I created, matted and framed.  A little place where my hobby, my dream, my creativity, my skills can change and grow (hopefully, into a flourishing business).  Somewhere I can set up a photo shoot, walk away from it and hours, days later it's still there, not in the way, not taken down.  A lovely little spot that will allow me to still take photos even when the weather doesn't cooperate.  I can't wait for the first time someone says "oh, you're a photographer.....Do you have a studio?" and I can answer.....

"YES!, Yes, I do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment