All images © 2012 - 2014 Rachel Gage Photography

Sep 13, 2012

Hello world!

Hi, my name is Rachel.  I am a photographer in Northern Michigan.  Currently, my photography is just a hobby, and falls in second to my full time job.  However, I am working on changing that.  I started this blog to share all the ups and downs of this journey with you.

For those of you who don't already know me, you may be wondering "What kind of photographer are you?".  I have quite a selection of landscape and nature photos, and I also take portraits.  You can check out my work on my webpage and "like" me on Facebook!

I have some exciting news to share.  Up until now, all portraits I have done have been on location.  Photographing objects meant setting up my backdrop and lighting in an unused corner of my house.  There was a reason for all this trouble:  I had no studio.  My wonderful, wonderful husband has decided to change that for me!  I'm sure a small part of this is because he's tired of walking into the living room, kitchen or bathroom only to discover that it has been transformed into a make-shift studio, but mostly it's because he wants to see me reach my dream.  We came up with a design......it will be similar to this cute little cabin:

We have picked out a nice spot on our property, collected a pile of wood and supplies.  He hopes to have this small studio "dried in" (his carpenter term) by winter.  I didn't get a "before" picture of the location since I didn't realize he was starting NOW.  He borrowed a friend's tractor, and he started clearing and leveling last night!  Hooray!  I am so excited to share the progress with you!!!

Please feel free to email me with questions or leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment